My Reflection

Thursday, December 21, 2006

A day to be remembered...

Dec20th,2006 a day that will be remembered for a while as one of my most coveted cricketer Mr Shane Keith Warne announced his retirement at the end of the current ongoing ashes series(well, in australia, it was actually 21st Dec..). I will also remember that day as I bought my first ever Suit!!! Yeah its a great feeling indeed.

Warne, always portrayed as one of the most controversial cricketer outside the field is, according to me, the most talented cricketer ever to touch the ball. Everytime someone has counted him out, he has come back with a bang and delivered his goods, no matter the conditions or the opposition. His aggressive nature, on the field antics, trash talking made him one of those characters that you would love to watch while on field.

Aptly described by another legend of the cricket times, Steve Waugh,"He has been responsible for winning more Test matches than anyone else I have seen or played with."
Nobody can question the records he has achieved, nor the timing of his decision especially after leading Aus, to a dramatic comeback win in the second ashes test, which was definitely the antidote for clinching the ashes series.

It also marked the day when I bought my first ever suit. After spending quite a bit of time on the internet, reading about the type of suits, fabrics and styles, I drove to topeka, accompanied by a close friend, to get a suit that I can use for all conditions. It took me an hr and half to decide on one, but it was all worth it. After several repeated tries on several suits and suggestions from my friend and the salesperson, I was able to finally pick one that was within the budgetary constraints.

I am all excited to witness one of the legend bow out and watch his final tests and at the same time looking forward to wearing my suit on the 29th!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home