My Reflection

Monday, August 14, 2006

Short and Sweet Trip--Part I

A trip to minneapolis has been beckoning me for the past few months and eventually, after some dilly-dallying, was taken last weekend. Forced to take a day-off from work due to the nature of the drive, me and my amigo started our road trip reasonably early,digressing all the way, on topics that were interesting,very interesting, very very interesting,..not interesting, boring, very boring, very very boring....interesting...
Due to our varied interest in music, it was an exception rather than the rule, when we agreed on a number that was akin to our liking. Hence our rambling continued all the way till MN after which we parted ways to meet our respective friends.
I got to my friends apartment and to my surprise found it to be neatly ornated. After some initial chit-chatting, we made our way to a nearby restaurant called 'Big Bowl' which my friends quoted it as an extension to P.F.Chang's. Since MN people have a lot of respect for fellow Kansans, we got a table without any waiting time, while for any others it would have been atleast 30 minutes. The ambience and the food was top-class and we bloated ourselves happily and we talked about the changes that happend in each of their lives in the past year or so. Plans to watch a traditional Hindi movie was dismissed and we ended up watching a movie descent,for which i dont want to waste any more time writing. Yeah it was that bad!!!
Most of the next beautiful day was spent outside roaming and shopping and during most of the driving, i sucked them into the world of lateral puzzles. My friends,novice to these types of puzzles, had a lot of fun playing and ofcourse who wouldnt???. It brings people together, questions their mind and knowledge and makes them put on their thinking cap.
After yet another amazing dinner coupled up with a dessert combination of tiramusu cake and an icecream, at a beautiful Italian restaurant, we settled for a game of pictionary. This needs a separate blog and will be continued later.
Before signing of, I would like to remind that we play our finals badminton game tonight and i hope my lack of sleep/practice in the last few days doesnt affect my game. I envision this to be a good game and as I say usually, may the team that plays better win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home