My Reflection

Friday, August 25, 2006

A trip to the grasslands...

It is no secret that one among my passion is sports and a sport that has eluded me in the recent years has been Golf. Thanks to my friends, I had my first driving range practice with some "real professionals" this week.
On a very pleasant evening, after a hectic day at work, Me and My friend headed to Colbert Hills Golf course, barely a mile or two away from my home.As I was introduced to our waiting friends near the entrance, I could immediately sense that they were experienced golfers with their own golf kit. A bucket of balls was only $5 thanks to my friend who had a coupon downloaded from the net.
For the next few minutes, I was given a quick lesson on golf. I was explained the various jargons involved,the gripping style,the swing technique,style,posture..etc..I was ready to roll on, as many thoughts were racing through my mind.I placed the ball in the Tee and practiced some swings before I could embark upon a shot.
My first several swings at the ball was awesome.yeah!!! I swung the club so hard that the ball didnt displace from the Tee and I could only hear the sound of the wind..A tamil jargon "verum kathu than varudhu" crossed my mind as i laughed it off...I went back to practicing some more swings before I had my next shot..Bang!!! I hit it this time and the ball rolled out of the Tee and the Tee broke...hahahaha..I got myself another Tee and this time practiced several more swings before my next shot..Bingo!!!this was struck perfect and as i was receiving an applause from my friends,the bird flew all the way down to the flag area where i had actually intended. I really enjoyed this shot and a glimpse of the ball flying all the way thrilled me. Trust me, it was really exciting.
I soon got the hang of it and sent the balls flying on every corner with occassional tee-breaks and misses.I explored various clubs and practiced shots with no Tee as well...it was really a lot of fun, and after a day that began very engaging at work, it was a well deserved fun outing. I thank my friends for giving me this opportunity and next time, I promise to share this fun with my other close friends.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nandini Gopinath said...

Nice !! Sounds like you had a good time !

11:31 AM  
Blogger Brown said...

I wanna golf too!!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

Definitely next time...i made some friends who might often..so the next time they go, we will too..

12:59 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

i dunno..but it was pretty long..so i guess i could have...

1:09 PM  
Blogger bendeaver said...

Great article about our golfing outing. You definitely exceeded 125 yards. Next time we should hit up the country club for some golf...perhaps for free.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Praveen said...

sure..i am always game for it..if its free its even more better...

3:13 PM  
Blogger Nandini Gopinath said...

No updates to your blog ?? You haven't written about the TV as yet !

11:55 AM  
Blogger Praveen said...

New TV is fabulous..May I know who you are??

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home