My Reflection

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Short and Sweet Trip-Part II

Before continuing on our trip, I would like to mention that our badminton finals went well and we got a well-deserved victory in straight sets(15-8,15-3). Apart from the loss of a set in the previous game, I thought we played really well. It really feels good to have two badminton championship under our belts.
After I finished my 10th grade, I had two different directions to pursue my career. I chose Computers in favor of Biology for only one reason...I sucked and still suck in drawing. I remembered only that, as our group sat down to play a game of pictionary that night.
Obviously, because of my drawing skills, I have never been a big fan of this game, and if I remember correctly never played this game. My request for being lenient on the timings was dismissed without any hesitation and at that time, I couldnt help feeling sorry for my team. Did they think that I could draw something in less than a minute and make them guess the answer?? I found it hard to believe.
After the game started neither team could conjure up an answer in the specified time till we got lucky and landed ourselves an easy word. As we played more, I realised that I was having fun playing this game. I wanted to draw, even if it wasnt my turn and even if the experienced people found it hard. While playing the game, my attempts to draw a cricket bat, a music system, a sheep etc.. were all mocked and my opponents were having way too much fun at my expense. We continued to survive in the game due to my partner's drawing skills(far better than mine) and my guessing skills which aint that bad. We had so much fun that we didnt realize it was close to 2am and unlike KS folks here, the MN folks sleep early and so had to call it a day...
The next day was very busy visiting some friends for lunch(where I had awesome food) and some further shopping before I got ready to leave back home. I picked up my friend and we drove back home amidst heavy rains and continued our rambling. We got home at around 3 and I had just enough energy to hit the bed!!!
The trip was very short and sweet and I wish I had spent some more time so that we could have done some outdoor activities like camping or canoeing or something like that.
I also had to admit that i enjoyed pictionary very much and I would like to end by asking a trivia for the readers..How do you draw and show the word "difficult" ????

9 Comments:

Blogger Brown said...

how about splitting the word into
diff - i - cult and trying to draw three different things?

diff could be a picture of two files merging into one.
i could be me playing badminton.
cult could be a bunch of happy people with machine guns...

2:35 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

well it can be done..but whether it can be done in 1 minute is a tough question to answer. If the people are not computer savvy, its difficult to expect them to know diff. Even a word like cult would be tough. We were more thinking a anonym word like 'easy'.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Brown said...

one minute? oh thats pretty tight... how bout another one then? a guy pushing a boulder up a mountain? and then adding more and more boulders ahead of the moving one?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

thats a good idea, may not be that tough to draw either...its all upto the guesser to identify the word..:)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Brown said...

so did you use a big board and chalks? or was it paper pen based?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

it was paper-pen based...

2:52 PM  
Blogger Raj said...

Dude, there is one more thing with the colors in that game. Depending on the color on the board ( ex: pink, orange, green) the words come into that specific category. For example green may be a noun, orange may be an adjective some thing like that. So we can start out thinking in that lines may be.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Praveen said...

Maybe you are right..The guesser will be alerted depending on the color. But still I must say, the word difficult is difficult indeed...

1:46 PM  
Blogger Opinions and Beliefs said...

Try visiting my new blog
http://shivagarimella.blogspot.com

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home