My Reflection

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

An evening to remember or maybe to forget..

A short nap after work was essential after a hectic weekend before facing the "Second Underdogs" (the name underdogs was taken by another team) in the ISA Badminton tournament. Our team on paper was purported to be stronger than our opponents and we were expected to win in straight sets, if not easily. I played couple of warm up games and I was in such a good form during those games that i thought well, they really have to play better than their best game to defeat us.
To my surprise it wasnt the case. If I recollect, a first meaningful rally was played after like 8 points were reached. Both the teams played way below par and the crowd had absolutely no clue as to what was going on. Talking about myself, I had one of the worst games ever smashing easy volleys onto the net, innumerable service errors along with a lack of co-ordination with my partner. Be any opponent, I am usually well prepared before the games and this was no different.The only exception being that, we havent played together a meaningful game for a while.
Even though we managed to put up a win it was definitely not a satisfying performance.The final score read 15-10,12-15,15-8. As i try to find the answers for the debacle,the pressure, good play by our opponents, especially their ability to lure us into mistakes, our lack of co-ordination, too much concentration on the mixed doubles and maybe a little casual playing approach especially in the beginning could all be a good fit.
Looking at the point of view of the audience, it was indeed a nail-biting game with sets apiece and I am sure they all had good fun.I thank all my friends for the cheering and the support and I know they would be a tad dissappointed. I hope to bring my 'A' game for the mixed doubles and the finals with no respite for the opponents. Lets wait and see whats in store.

2 Comments:

Blogger Praveen said...

If we do happen to make more mistakes in the finals than yesterday, we dont deserve to be the winner..

8:50 AM  
Blogger Satya said...

Nice description Praveen. I'm sure you will win the finals even if you make more mistakes than what you did yesterday.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home