My Reflection

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Can the Questions be Answered??

First of all, my thoughts and prayers to those people and their families who lost their lives in the recent tragedy at the hokie land. I just cant imagine someone with an educational background as the person involved was, could do something very putrid. Its unbelievable and something that cannot be rationalized, however you think.

I add that the person sinned himself more by sending information/videos to the media, thereby reaching the public and agitating further the people directly or indirectly involved in the tragedy.

A severe debate has ensued thereafter regarding the gun control, security, mental illness and what not...and I just cant see them coming up with a solution at the earliest.
When a person is a loner, its almost next to impossible to figure the characteristics of a person. Based on my personal experience, as inquisitive as I could be at times, I could not figure out a certain individual, the reason for their actions and never ever it would cross in my mind that they could be harmful to other individuals.

Its entirely debatable whether watching horror movies, shooting/thriller movies playing killing/shooting video games..etc could be a factor or not.
Obviously I am not going to agree with that as I do pretty much all of the above things and just forget about it later..But the minds are different and effects it can have on them are going to be different as well...

so it just might be interesting to see what sort of actions the government would take....

2 Comments:

Blogger Luv2cook said...

Well..what bothers me the most is the NBC then takes those videos shows them on T.V and now they are everywhere on the Internet. Imagine what the families would have felt watching those videos!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Pradeep Malreddy said...

the only solution: get the guns out! There are a zillion loners in this world. But why do we see shooting rampages only here in the Unrestricted Supply of Arms?

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home