My Reflection

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Law of Averages...

It has been a very hectic and wild couple of weeks for me. ISA cricket tournament and a well deserved vacation to DC, VA and NC kept me totally occupied and very active. I had a wonderful time during the trip and hopefully I will find time to write about it in the future.

Having lost in the fun tournament in the semis, I was much determined to show better results in the next tournament and thats exactly what has happened...

Yes, our team is in the finals which we are scheduled to play this Saturday(14th). I agree that we have a good team, but still it needs a good overall effort to win a game. We all know that any team can lose to any other team on a given day. Thats why we played all games seriously and have been unbeaten till the finals. We cannot predict what will happen then, but we definitely know that our team will try its best to win.

In the midst of all, I have been enjoying some glorious batting form for the past few weeks. Luck has also been coming my way with an occasional mishit dropping short of fielders and edges short of keeper. Nevertheless I have played some good cricket shots in between. Apart from my usual off side shots, I have got better at playing pull shots on the leg side and I am really happy for doing that consistently. I have been batting so well that I haven't failed even once in my last 10 or so batting appearances.

But at the same time,I am extremely nervous that the law of averages is going to catch up soon and I just pray that it doesn't happen during the finals. I am not a bad player under pressure and usually I count myself to perform in the key matches. But this situation is very much different. I have to keep up with my current form and expectations are more. I have never been in that situation before. Usually I will be under the radar and I used to get away with it. Now, at least I know two quality bowlers who are going to target me for the finals and will be well prepared to go against me. If luck doesn't go with me initially, then I better prepare for a tough time ahead.

I am looking forward to an exciting finals, irrespective of whether I am gonna click with my bat or not. At the same time I am sad that an amazing cricket season will soon come to an end. I will definitely remember this season for making lots of new friends and my new improved batting form.

2 Comments:

Blogger Satya said...

Good post Praveen.....Hopefully the law of averages will wait till the next year.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Praveen said...

Thanks dude..yup..lets hope it waits till next year..:)

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home