My Reflection

Friday, February 06, 2009

Fed Vs Nadal

The matchup between 'Fed express' and 'Nadal the machine' at the Australian open was anticipated by every tennis fan around the world including myself. Because of the time difference, the game was around 2:30AM on sunday morning. To my luck I had a pretty busy saturday and hit the bed around 11PM.

When my alarm rang, i couldnt get up as i was tired and lazy. But somehow I was able to subconsciously drag my feet to my couch and settled down.

Usually in a big match like this, the players are slightly off balance and rallies are usually quick and easy in the first set. But ohh my god...it wasnt the case..The first four games played between them was simply breathtaking and the kind of rallies they played reminded me of a xbox tennis game that i played long ago. It felt like a dream. Both these guys were hitting the ball so crisp and perfect that they could place it wherever they wanted the ball to go. If i was a bit drowsy in the first few mins, it went away ASAP after the first couple of games.

I have been following tennis matches in the past few years, but Fed and Nadal has taken the game to an entirely new level and it seemed clear that they are far ahead from the rest of the pack.

I was totally amazed at their fitness, crosscourt shots, backhand and..i can go on and on and on...It was a spectacular treat to watch. The game was close till the 4th set and it could have gone either way, but Nadal the machine, continued his form and took the fifth set easily without too much of a fight surprisingly from Fed. I didnt feel bad for Federer because he was ousted by a better and tougher player, atleast on that day.

It remains to be seen when and how will Federer take the 14th grand slam and it would be a sweet revenge if he can win the french open by defeating the Master of Clay Court....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home