My Reflection

Monday, June 23, 2008

Fun Cricket Champions..Hurray!!!

The last three of weeks of my life has been so tumultuous that a win in the fun cricket tournament restored some normal order back. It is always good to be involved in activities of any sort when you are going through a rough stretch and I was glad that I was part of a very good understanding team during this tournament.
Though my batting form was indifferent at times, our entire team bowling,fielding and catching was superb that we rarely gave our opponents an opening. We were probably never under real pressure throughout the tournament thanks to some excellent captaincy and sensible bowling/batting whenever we were slightly tested.
I thought we played with good passion and intensity which according to me is more important than pure talent alone. (ofcourse there must be some talent..)
The finals, which everybody thought was going to be a real close game between two opponents that never lost a game during the tournament, didnt really live upto that.
There was good support for both the teams and i was really glad to see a good turnout for the finals.
There were some close moments in the game, but our team was able to come up with key plays during those moments which changed the total complexity of the match. Chasing under lights in the finals was never going to be easy for our opponent, especially when we had put a pretty good total.
I knew that we were probably going to win this game after the end of first half, unless we didnt take the opportunities that would be presented to us. We obviously did and too much pressure and some loose shots made it a comprehensive win for us.
I will continue to work on my batting meanwhile and hopefully i will get back to my usual form in a few weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home